Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Our leadership has made the hard decision to cancel all official ministry events through April 8th. This includes Bible study and worship. We will re-evaluate at the beginning of April and keep you posted as to any necessary future cancellations.
I know this is a disappointing decision for many of us. Here is why we have chosen to hit “pause” on our gatherings.
- First, we are following the most recent statement from the White House, which is recommending against gatherings of 10 or more.
- Second, we want to keep our people safe. By foregoing our gatherings we hope to not spread germs among ourselves. We especially want to keep our most vulnerable and susceptible members healthy.
- Third, we are doing this as an act of service and sacrifice for the good of our neighbors. One of the best ways public health officials tell us we can help stop the spread of COVID-19 is to stop gathering together as a society. By staying home for the next few weeks we are doing our part as citizens.
Giving up our worship is a sacrifice. But, as Christians we are used to making sacrifices. After all, Jesus has shown us the way. We do it willingly, even joyfully, as we continue to look to the cross of Jesus for hope and peace. Jesus promised us that in this world we will have trouble. But, He also promised us that He has overcome this world. Whatever loss we might suffer in this world cannot compare to the love, grace, forgiveness, and life that we find in our Savior.
In the meantime, I am committed to continuing to meeting your spiritual needs as your pastor. While we won’t be coming together in person, we will have some opportunities to grow together in our faith digitally. Here’s how you can stay connected until we meet again.
- Online worship. Tune in at 7pm on Wednesdays and 10am on Sundays for worship. You can worship with us on Facebook and Youtube. You can always listen to past messages on our website, iTunes, and Google Play.
- Daily Devotions. I will be writing daily devotions on the book of Galatians. You can read them as they are posted on Facebook/Instagram or subscribe to receive them via email here.
- Giving. While our gatherings have paused, the ministry and needs of the church have not. Please consider how you might continue in your giving. Click Here to make a one time or recurring gift online.
Finally, if you have any spiritual needs whatsoever, or if you know someone who does, please contact Pastor Peter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org // email@example.com) or phone (847-912-0351).
While we will not be meeting at church for at least the next few weeks, we will still BE the Church. We are still God’s people. We are still loved, forgiven, and empowered by God’s Spirit. Let’s not forget that. And, let’s be sure that together we pray for our church, country, and world in this troubling time.